Auto accidents happen every day. The resulting impact an automobile accident can have on someone can be devastating. Even the simplest of fender benders can cause back and neck injuries that have a lasting effect on the victim. Injuries sustained from a car accident can be responsible for not only chronic pain and discomfort, but for medical costs, loss of wages and even permanent disability.
Automobile accidents kill more people each year in the United States than any other consumer product. Automobile accidents can happen in a host of different ways consisting of rear-end accidents, left turn collisions, running of red lights or stop signs, speeding, unsafe lane changes and broadside collisions. No matter how clear liability appears to be, the driver of the other vehicle and his insurance carrier often dispute that they are responsible.
Because of this, in certain cases we employ engineering experts who utilize auto accident re-creation technology to demonstrate how the accident or collision actually occurred. There are also cases where accounting experts may be used to show losses of the victim’s income and the present value of that loss. Your attorney must be able to determine when such experts are needed and how to use them in negotiations with the insurance company to settle your case or for use at trial.
Even in cases that are not complicated, the insurance carrier for the party at fault will often refuse to negotiate reasonably with the victim, believing that they can force a settlement for less than adequate or fair compensation.
We will do everything possible to settle your automobile accident case without going to trial, but if warranted, we will not hesitate to go to trial.
If you believe your car accident was caused by the carelessness or intentional act of another, and you live in Georgia, you may want to contact Forrest B Johnson & Assosiates to discuss this for FREE. You should call as soon as it is convenient to do so and avoid discussing the matter with strangers and/or insurance representatives who are not from your own insurance company. You should be cooperative with the police, your own treating physicians, and your own insurance company.
The Primary Causes of Car Accidents are:
- Distracted Driving (texting, cell phone use)
- Intoxication (DUI and/or Drug Use)
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws and Regulation
- Defective Automobile (maintenance, brakes, engine, tires, repairs)
What should you do if you are involved in a car accident?
Here are a few car accident pointers:
- Do not discuss your auto accident with anyone but your lawyer or doctor
- Do not sign anything to do with your accident without first speaking to your lawyer
- Do not release your medical files to anyone without speaking to your lawyer first
- Save evidence that will help your car accident case
- Start a personal appointment book
- keep your lawyer informed of your medical appointments
- If you are off work, please get a disability slip from your doctor
- Keep all your medical bills and get receipts for all medical treatment
- Document Lost Wages
Car Accident cases are covered by a statute of limitations, which means that you only have a certain period of time in which you can file an auto accident injury lawsuit. If you have a car accident, contact us today!!
For Atlanta call 404-758-9111, for Macon call 478-257-6266,
for Columbus call 706-223-5380 or toll free at 1-800-632-6026 to schedule your free consultation.