Family Pursues Wrongful Death Claim Against Rosewood Nursing Center
During the early morning hours of March 25, 2013, firefighters were called to investigate smoke inside the Rosewood Nursing Center on Finney Circle in Macon, Georgia. Upon investigation, a fire was discovered in the mechanical room. Smoke filled the room of a nursing home resident woman. Tragically, she suffered fatal smoke inhalation.
Based upon the investigation by the Macon Fire Department, evidence shows that the fire started in the air condition/heating (HVAC) system. The AC/Heating unit appears to have malfunctioned causing an electrical fire, which spread throughout the nursing facility, which housed elderly residents, including the victim. The investigation also revealed that Rosewood Nursing Center was aware of the smoke hours before the fire department was first notified, but failed to take measures to safeguard the health and safety of the residents in a timely manner.
The Law Offices of Forrest B. Johnson & Associates understands that nursing homes have a duty to keep its premises safe and to warn of known dangers. Our law firm also understands the needs of its clients to obtain justice and closure. We work with deliberate diligence to complete a thorough investigation which allows us to move swiftly towards just resolution.